Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How to Make a Mama Feel Loved

Before I had kids, a friend of mine told me, "I feel loved when other people love my kids." I didn't know how deep that truth was until I had kids of my own.

We are really blessed with a loving church family - with people so close that they are "aunts" and "uncles" to my kids.

People who will, without fail, come and greet my kids with a huge smile.  (Even on grumpy days when they don't smile back.)

People who will hug and hold my babies as if they were their own.  And even change their diapers (willingly!).


People who will get down on their hands and knees to play with my kids.  For hours, even.


People who see my kiddos for more than who they are at the moment - whether it be runny-nosed, spit-up prone, fussy,


or just plain mischievous.


I love seeing others love my babies.  It makes me feel wholly loved by them, too.  Because I love my kids fiercely, when I see others loving on them, I feel like they are joining in on my cause...that they are teaming up with me to care for and love my little ones.

This got me thinking...

My Father in heaven is a good Father....Creator of every single being on earth.

Does He feel the same way when I love those He has made?  When I see them for more than who they are at the moment - whether it be needy, hurtful, unpleasant, or difficult to love?  When I see them the way that He sees them (like this lady)?

Could it be that loving those around me is a way to really show love for the Father?

Could it be that His heart is warmed at the sight of others joining in with Him to love those He has created?


Something to think about as I go through my day...


No comments:

Post a Comment